Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Ultimate Afternoon Tea Party - Classes

I'll be teaching The Ultimate Tea Party, a demo class, at Shermay's Cooking School on 10 April 2010 (Saturday), 11 April 2010 (Sunday), 24 April 2010 (Saturday) and 25 April 2010 (Sunday). For all inquiries, please call the school at +65 6479 8442 or 6479 8414, or email shermaycs@yahoo.com.sg

On the menu:
Perfect Scones An heirloom recipe for the most perfectly flaky and tender scones; simply unforgettable when accompanied by homemade "clotted cream" and strawberry preserves. Plus
Tipsheet I: Tricks & Techniques for Perfectly Flaky and Tender Scones

Rich Marbled Bundt Cake with Dark Chocolate Glaze This beloved and nostalgic favourite is a classic study in contrasts;
sour cream-enriched vanilla cake is artfully swirled with deeply chocolatey cake (using Valrhona Manjari 64% Dark Chocolate). Plus
Tipsheet II: The Art of Marbling – Swirl Your Way to Stunning Striations and
Tipsheet III: How to Bake A Beautiful Bundt
Wholemeal Soda Bread Buttermilk imparts a marvellous tang and lightness to this traditional Irish quick bread. Makes magnificent toast,

and is equally good with fruit preserves,
or something savoury, such as salmon rillettes.
Savoury Cheddar Shortbread The ultimate buttery, moreish, it’s-hard-to-stop-at-one cheese biscuit. Delicious at teatime, but also nice as a nibble with cocktails or aperitifs.
I'll post details in the coming weeks on the Bonus Section with Extra Recipes, Ideas & Serving Suggestions included in the recipe pack:

Homemade “Clotted Cream” Thick, luscious clotted cream is a must-have accompaniment to scones. Not readily available here, here’s a scrumptious alternative homemade version

Strawberry Rosewater Preserves Hauntingly perfumed and beautifully hued, these strawberry preserves belong in a special league of their own

Passionfruit Curd An elegant and aromatic fruit curd that is spectacular served with scones or toast. Also great for using to fill cakes, cookies and tarts

Confiture de Lait Caramelized milk jam, also known as dulce de leche or cajeta, is indulgent with scones or toast. Also great as a sauce for ice cream, or for using to fill cakes, cookies and tarts

Salmon Rillettes A luxurious potted fish pâté made of smoked salmon and poached fresh salmon. Divine with a hearty, rustic bread like soda bread

12 Comments:

Anonymous E.L. said...

Dear J,
Only you can evoke and emote with pictures alone with such style the very quintessence of the food which you describe. Love the vintage style and "granny chic" tableware. Breathtaking as usual.

5:33 pm, March 16, 2010  
Blogger Alice said...

oh my god, you made me so hungry with that marbled chocolate cake!
great pictures too ;)

5:49 pm, March 16, 2010  
Blogger Sorin said...

I got hungry by just reading the recipes and looking at the pictures.

10:57 pm, March 16, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, great menu!!!

3:24 am, March 17, 2010  
Anonymous High Tea Man said...

I have been to quite a few afternoon teas, but I have never seen a scone that looked that good, dressed with homemade clotted cream and what looks like a liquid version of whole strawberries. The cheddar shortbread should be featured in a magazine layout, all by itself. Too bad I live in North America!

6:30 am, March 17, 2010  
Blogger Andréa said...

Hello, Joycelyn.
I just love your blog and your pictures. I'd love to be one of your students, but it's impossible right now because I live in Brazil. I hope someday I can attend one of your classes.
Andréa.

4:03 am, March 20, 2010  
Blogger Sudha said...

Hello Jocelyn,
I have been touring blogosphere for quite some time now,with a special interest in food blogs.Your food blog is one that catches the eye because of the rich prose and photography.This is my first visit to your blog and I found it truly fascinating!Do drop by my blog some time!

7:35 am, March 26, 2010  
Blogger Valentina said...

These delicacies make my mouth water. I am still to be in Singapore when you are offerring one of your courses.I would love to attend.

4:39 pm, March 27, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Joycelyn, Its such a pleasure to see your work. I live in India and am planning to fly to Singapore from 16-26 April. I would like to attend the classes you are offering at Shermay's. However, I have one question - will they be vegetarian? Also are they demos or hands-on? Kindly drop me a line at so that I may book my ticket accordingly. Thank you.

3:09 pm, March 29, 2010  
Anonymous Work at Home Dad said...

Wow I like reading your post. I learn a lot from you. Thank you for sharing your wonderful work.

7:38 pm, March 30, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joycelyn, will you be conducting another macaroon baking class again?

10:15 pm, March 30, 2010  
Anonymous clea walford said...

I love your blog and it is one of my favorite food blogs!

12:59 pm, April 21, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home